This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Jason Tishler" <jason at tishler dot net>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:51:05 +0200
- Subject: RE: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!
Charles Wilson wrote:
> Conclusion: package maintainers that distribute shared libs need to
> recompile ASAP, so that dependent apps can be recompiled if needed.
> Caveat to the caveat: this analysis ONLY applies if the compiled object
> (DLL, static lib, executable, etc) actually USES one of the symbols
> whose typedef has changed. Currently, the list of affected packages is
> pretty small (zlib is one).
With qt I have a similar problem. The current release was build with
cygwin-1.3.20. Currently it is not possible to link a qt application with recent
cygwin release due to type problems.
header - QTextStream::QTextStream( FILE *, int mode )
used - QTextStream::QTextStream(__sFILE64 *, int)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html