Re: One system works, the other doesn't

Ok.  I've posted both cygcheck -svr output files now.  I don't see anything
that looks like an obvious significant difference, but I'd be happy if
someone else spots it and points it out.

For your Perl problem, the first thing to look at are the cygcheck lines marked "perl".

NT machine:
perl                 5.6.1-2

XP machine:
perl                 5.8.0-2

Bingo. Read the release notes at /usr/doc/Cygwin/perl-5.8.0.README.

NB also that your NT system has two cygwin1.dll's in the PATH. Maybe unrelated to your current problems, but needs fixing nonetheless.

Jeremy