This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Wanted X, got Perl - operator error or prequisiste
- From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz at sonic dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 22:32:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Wanted X, got Perl - operator error or prequisiste
- References: <3EBB33AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 22:12 2003-05-08, Matthew O. Persico wrote:
>The *.pl scripts in XFree86 mean nothing --- they are not needed for
>the normal operation of the X Server.
Then I'll just whack 'em.
Why? Why muck with files installed by a package you're using? Does
there mere presence cause a problem? If so, how and why? They'll just
come back when you update that package as the next release becomes available.
Matthew O. Persico
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html