This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libtool: make install DESTDIR + dependent shared libraries =relink problem
- From: "Steve M. Robbins" <steven dot robbins at videotron dot ca>
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, libtool at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 09:02:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: libtool: make install DESTDIR + dependent shared libraries =relink problem
- References: <3EB9FD23.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:45:55AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> When using 'make install DESTDIR' to build an installable package
> (cygwin tarballs, linux rpm's, etc), dependent libraries get relinked
> against 'old' versions in <prefix> and not against the 'new' version in
> <destdir>/<prefix>. See attached testcase, and problem description below.
What version of libtool are you using?
DESTDIR installs with interdependent libraries has been a problem
for years with libtool 1.4 and patches have been floating about.
I was under the impression that it had been fixed for libtool 1.5.
Is that not true?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html