This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: viewing logs in the Event Viewer
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Robert Citek" <rwcitek at alum dot calberkeley dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 05:46:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: viewing logs in the Event Viewer
- References: <email@example.com>
Robert Citek wrote:
> Hello all,
> Is there a way to view Win2K log files with any of the Cygwin tools?
> Ideally, I would like to use Cygwin so that I can ssh into my Win2K
> machines and veiw the logs much like I can view the logs of my Linux
> machines with 'more /var/log/messages' and similar commands.
> Thus far, this:
> strings /cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/config/AppEvent.evt
> has not been successful.
There is a Win32::EventLog perl module. You might have to tweak it to work
on Cygwin, though - I don't think libwin32 was ever fully ported to Cygwin.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html