This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: skel ~/.bashrc (was RE: HOME)
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Hannu E K Nevalainen \(garbage mail\)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:20:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: skel ~/.bashrc (was RE: HOME)
- References: <NGBBLLIAMFLGJEOAJCCEIEEOCPAA.email@example.com>
Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
> $ info Bash # says that shell functions are preferable to aliases...
> anyone who can explain?
Well, I prefer shell functions because I can export them to subshells,
whereas aliases don't permit that.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html