This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with cygwin and NT emacs (Stuck Meta Key)
- From: Robert Mecklenburg <mecklen at cimsoft dot com>
- To: mgrote at post dot cz
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:54:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: Problem with cygwin and NT emacs (Stuck Meta Key)
- References: <email@example.com>
m> certain applications (cygwin and emacs) seem to land in a state in
m> which it appears that an escape(Meta) key press is prefixed to each
m> key press.
I have had a similar problem with both cygwin XFree and also native X
servers. Sometimes, when using both left and right meta, the server
will see two down key event but only one up key event. I've "fixed"
the server by press and hold left meta while pressing right meta, then
release both keys simultaineously. Thus, the meta key toggle is again
Of course, you may have a completely different problem...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html