RE: GDB GUI (was RE: Problem building ddd on cygwin)

Fred Ma wrote:
> Thanks, Jerry.  I haven't upgraded cygwin to get gcc-2.
> But this insight thing is really nice.

I agree. That's what I've used most with Cygwin, only I
didn't know it since "gdb" used to launch it. I expect
that I'll continue to mostly use it.

"ddd" runs under X-windows, and on my machine at least
feels a bit sluggish. That could be because I've been
experimenting with my X-windows configuration, though.
The last time I used ddd seriously was so long ago that
I can't really offer a good comparison.

> Out of curiosity, did you try building it with plain old gcc
> rather than gcc-2?

That's how I built it, using plain GCC (version 3.2,
20020927). You just have to get the 3.3.5 version from
the BASHDB page rather than the 3.3.1 version from the
official DDD page.

-Jerry