This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe cannot find mirrors
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Alan Blundell <alan dot blundell at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:37:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: setup.exe cannot find mirrors
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Alan Blundell wrote:
> Have just down loaded setup.exe from the cygwin site. When run
> it produces the first three small windows but whatever I enter it
> 'can't get a list of download sites. Make sure yoour netwirk
> settings are correct and try again.'
> I am on ntlworld broadband with an always-on connection. I I use
> a browser and enter the sites in the setup.log.full files. I get the list
> of sites, no problem.
> Could you say why setup cannot use my broadband connection, everything
> els does.
If you used "Direct Connection", try "Use IE5 Settings".
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html