Re: pcre package [Was: Re: -mno-cygwin and "undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'"?]

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:37:54AM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> (Soory Charles - you'll get this twice: I read my personal mail before I
> read list mail and posting to the newsgroup and the list made me get it by
> personal mail too)
>
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > According to
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00158.html
> > Corinna is the maintainer.
> >
> > I'm sure she would LOVE to give up maintainership if you want to take
> > over?  Since you're doing it anyway locally?
> I'm working with the author to get the patches I maintain into PCRE (we're
> having a wee bit of trouble with the cross-compilation part, but the
> Windows-specific part is OK).
>
> When that's done, PCRE will compile natively on Cygwin and MinGW. As of
> that time, I'll be happy to take over maintainership if Corinna wants me
> to (as it will be just a matter of maintaining the README and the install
> script - I'd go for method 2 for the sources though..).

No problem.  I'll update to 4.1 using my own methods in the meantime.
As soon as you want to take over (with 4.2 I guess) just ping me.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.