cygwin version 1.3.21(0.77/3/2) [bash shell :: exporting mixed-case environment]

Hello,

Have been using a much older version of cygwin till now without any problems.

It has come to our attention that exporting environment variables in the bash shell may be broken.

scenario:

$> cd myappdir
$> export DevOS=WINNT
$> make

make is called in a dir which contains a "makefile" file. makefile uses the DevOS environment variable, which according to this version of cygwin is blank (does not exist). This is where the old cygwin had no issues.

Closer inspection:
$> env | less

the env output shows that an environment variable has been created but the name of the variable is all upper case.

$> export

shows all exports but claims the mixed-case environment variable is mixed-case.

We have tried using quotes to enclose variable name and value, but no success.

Thanks and regards Pratab Ali