sshd through sysV init

Hi all,
	I'm having some problems trying to use sshd from init.
I installed openssh, init, initscripts and chkconfig, ran init-config
answering no to overwriting the initscripts files.
next i ran ssh-host-config answering yes to all except install as service.
finaly i ran "/usr/sbin/chkconfig sshd on" (quotes just there to emphasize)
and started the init service.
init started fine, event log says its in run level 3, chkconfig says that
sshd is on in runlevel 3 but no sshd process is running, I tried adding a
line containing OPTIONS=-ddd to /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd to get some logging
going but no luck (my shell scriptings pretty bad so no big supprise if i
interperated that wrong.)
and clues appreciated.

Vince Hoffman     Systems Administrator
Euro RSCG Circle (London)
P: 020 7959 7576  M: 0777 5822213
Icq: 50905590     PGP ID: 0xC859C861
"A vacuum is a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff that nature
replaces it with."
                -- Tennessee Williams