This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:59:21 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin
Brian Ford wrote:
> Vanilla gcc 3.2.x is NOT ABI compatible with Cygwin's pre 3.2 gcc, fact.
> I wanted to know why this was allowed to persist given the simple patch
> required to fix it, question. I had seen Mr. Faylor make statements
> before to the effect of: doubles in structures are not that common so who
> cares, so I advised caution in his use of that compiler for official
> Cygwin released software.
Regarding the structure alignment problem:
Adding -malign-double to compile switches should provide forward/backward/MSVC
The other fix is to rebuild gcc from sources so that -malign-double is the
default (as it is now on trunk for cygwin).
http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Mobile
- Check & compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html