Re: sudo and runas

>> > Jon,
>> >
>> > How about describing the symptoms?
>>
>> I gotta remember the verbage of that one. Short, sweet and to the
point.
>> It never ceases to amaze me how many times people ask for help
stating
>> that what they tried didn't work but totally lacking of any of the
>> details of the problem (like what exactly they tried, error messages,
>> example output, what they expected and what they got, etc). I usually
>> use the semi smart assed question of: What was your first indication
>> that it failed? But yours is shorter, more to the point and perhaps a
>> little less smart assed. It still gets me though how prevelent it is
for
>> people to say they have a problem but neglects to give any details.
>>
>> (I must be getting mean :-)
>
>Hmm, DTFS, eh?
>
>Sorry, sorry, no more gratuitous acronyms...  Bad brain, bad! ;-)
>	Igor

Thankyou for your comments everyone...

On my home PC (WinXP, latest cygwin), runas immediately exits - there's
no password prompt and no processes are started:

jon at shuttle (~) % runas
jon at shuttle (~) %

On my work PC (Win2k, latest cygwin) I get the following:

jon at rothko (~) % runas /user:Administrator 'notepad.exe'
Enter password for Administrator:RUNAS ERROR: Unable to change echo mode
jon at rothko (~) %

Any other useful information that I could supply?

And DTFS?

Thanks again,

Jon.