Re: English speller to spell plain files

"Thorsten Kampe" <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de> wrote in message news:2n71yfeij0fe$ dot dlg at thorstenkampe dot de dot  dot  dot
> * Alex Vinokur (03-02-28 06:26 +0100)
> > Is there any English speller in Cygwin to spell plain files from command line ?
>
> Aspell

Thanks.

=================
Windows 2000
Aspell 0.50.3 alpha.
=================

I want aspell to print a list of misspelled words to standard output.

Is it possible ?

%aspell help

Aspell 0.50.3 alpha.  Copyright 2000 by Kevin Atkinson.

Usage: aspell [options] <command>

<command> is one of:
  -?|help          display this help message
  -c|check <file>  to check a file
  -a|pipe          "ispell -a" compatibility mode
  -l|list          produce a list of misspelled words from standard input
  [dump] config    dumps the current configuration to stdout
  config <key>     prints the current value of an option
  soundslike       returns the soundslike equivalent for each word entered
  filter           passes standard input through filters
  -v|version       prints a version line
  dump|create|merge master|personal|repl [word list]
    dumps, creates or merges a master, personal, or replacement word list.

[---omitted---]

   Alex Vinokur
     mailto:alexvn at connect dot to
     http://www.simtel.net/pub/oth/19088.html