This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup "Download from Internet" Question
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: "BB" <canofspam at att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:51:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: Setup "Download from Internet" Question
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
On Thursday 27 Feb 03, BB writes:
> As a followup question, In order to create a CD to install from, would it be
> better to simply ftp the files from one of the mirror sites.
> What would the
> correct directory structure have to be for setup to install from the
> d:\cygwin-setup as a local source assuming d: was a cd? Would this be
Yes, if what you mean to convey is that you follow the full
sub-directory structure under release.
The tricky part is providing setup.exe with the right "download path"
to get setup to pull things from the CD. Unless someone chimes in
with the right answer, you might have to experiment a bit.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html