This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup "Download from Internet" Question
- From: "BB" <canofspam at att dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:14:50 -0600
- Subject: Setup "Download from Internet" Question
- Reply-to: "BB" <canofspam at att dot net>
What is the correct way to use setup's "Download from Internet" option to
download all of the Cygwin packages without installing them?
I am trying to download all of the Cygwin packages so I can put them on a
CD. I have to install Cygwin on a machine without internet access. Below
is a summary of what I have tried and the problem I am having.
I created an empty directory E:\cygwin, downloaded setup.exe to it and ran
it. I selected "Download from Internet" and specified E:\cygwin as the
local package directory.
1. First, I tried to select "Default" next to "All" so it changed to each
category from "Default" to "Install". The resulting download only included
non-Default packages. It looks like setup thinks I have current versions of
the default packages so it marks them as "Keep". I DO have them elsewhere
on my machine, but not in the "Local package directory".
2. Then I tried to simply download the default packages without modifying
the selection. The resulting download only included three packages
(_update-info-dir, gdb, opensll).
Is setup looking at packages I have installed on C:cygwin? I would rather
not remove these files from my machine in order to make a CD for another
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html