This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH not accessible through java under cygwin forJNI
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald at landheer dot com>
- To: gilles bourgeois <gbourgeois at yaccom dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:10:46 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH not accessible through java under cygwin forJNI
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, gilles bourgeois wrote:
> hi folks,
> I am currently using my JNI so/dll library under solaris, linux and cygwin.
> with solaris and linux, no problem, I bind to it using load(..) since the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set.
> BUT, under cygwin/windows, it does not work and I shall tell the absolute
> path when I load the library.
> I hav already posted in java.machine, but Randall schulz told me to try in
> this mailing list.
OK, I think we need more info here: see http://cygwin.com/bugs.html and
also tell us:
* what Java VM are you using?
* Why do you expect LD_LIBRARY_PATH to work on Windows?
Note that Cygwin is not the one that loads the libraries for you - that's
Windows' job. I would be (very) surprised if you were using a VM running
under Cygwin , and that VM uses dlopen() and not LoadLibrary() (in which
case LD_LIBRARY_PATH would work, of course).
but hey - go ahead - surprise me!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html