This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: upgrading broke cygwin?
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Val Schmidt" <vschmidt at ldeo dot columbia dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:20:16 -0000
- Subject: Re: Re: upgrading broke cygwin?
- References: <000001c2d9f5$fec39280$0500fea9@valldeo>
> I upgraded to the 1.3.20-1 version dll today and saw very similar and
> strange behavior. Some things wouldn't execute due to permissions errors,
> and other would execute from commandline but not from a script. What
> this, I don't know.
> I ran setup.exe again, found the "base" cygwin install, cycled through the
> keep/uninstall/revert until 1.9-19 version came up, and installed the
> version. Everything seems to be working fine now.
> I wish I could help with what's broke, but I don't have a clue.
> There's a recent remark in the list that's there's no way to uninstall -
> procedure above seems to work just fine.
What is the output of `ls -al /path/to/your/homedir' . I'm thinking that it
will contain eother mkpasswd or mkgroup.
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html