This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim 6.1.300-1 DOS line endings (newline expansion)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Christensen, David" <dchristensen at Asyst dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:34:42 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: vim 6.1.300-1 DOS line endings (newline expansion)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Christensen, David wrote:
> cygwin at cygwin dot com:
> I just set up Cygwin on a Windows 2000 SP3 machine, and chose "DOS" for
> "Default file type". I have noticed that vim 6.1.300-1 generates Unix line
> endings on new files. I would like DOS line endings. I searched the Cygwin
> mailing list and the Vim site, but didn't find any clues. I don't know if
> this a vim, readline (.inputrc), cygwin, or and/or Windows issue.
> Any suggestions?
Put the following in your ~/.vimrc:
Hope this helps,
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html