This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MANPATH Problems
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<hauser at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:08:19 -0000
- Subject: Re: MANPATH Problems
- References: <KJEOKFJJEDMIGBEEJCHCKEBJNJAA.email@example.com>
> yesterday, I got 1.3.20-1 and the problem is still here...
> > -----Original Message-----
> > Sorry, reading what I said what a bit in the details-lacking variety :-)
> > What I meant was that cygwin1.dll now detects when the information in
> > /etc/passwd and /etc/group is stale (?). So if your username or group
> > is set to mkpasswd or mkgroup that's the user's alert to update those
> > file or files. The code isn't executed by mkpasswd or mkgroup,
> > it's part of
> > the kernel, cygwin1.dll .
> > Did updating the your /etc/group fix your problem?
And have you updated them again, ie. now? I know it may sound useless but it
might just fix your problems :-)
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html