This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MANPATH Problems
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<hauser at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:58:01 -0000
- Subject: Re: MANPATH Problems
- References: <KJEOKFJJEDMIGBEEJCHCEEBINJAA.email@example.com>
Ralf, Please keep replies on list as there are more people there and smarter
too might I add ;-)
> > > Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > > > What is the contents of your MANPATH
> > > > environment variable?
> > >
> > /cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/cgywin/usr/man:/cygdrive/c/data/MyD
> > ocRalf/McKBrC/man
> > >
> > > I also tried the version with it ending in a colon - no change
> > >
> > > For example, the file /cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/McKBrC/Man/cat1/gif.1
> > > is not found and previously, it was found...
> > What's the output of
> > $ ls -al /cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/McKBrC/Man/cat1/gif.1
> -rw-r--r-- 1 rhauser mkgroup 45 Dec 13 2001
This could be your problem. Run mkgroup, as your sneakily being told, to
refresh your /etc/group file.
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html