This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line
- From: Steve <beforewisdom at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:46:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line
- Organization: Gravitational Research Institute
- References: <email@example.com>
I managed to get my script "word" to open up word with the path I typed
on the command line in cygwin.
I am having trouble getting the same to work with excel.
I am win 2000 and using cygwin.
I made a script in /usr/local/bin called "excel".
The script will boot up excel, but not with the file I specified. I get
error messages saying that the file does not exist. Between the "==="
lines are the different contests I have tried for my "excel" script:
exec "c:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/EXCEL.EXE" "cygpath -w $1"
exec "c:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/EXCEL.EXE" "@&"
$ word /path/to/file.xls
Any ideas would be appreciated
Taking the plastic flag off of the SUV and trading it in for a fuel
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html