Re: Duplicate CygWin

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>> User mounts and separate users.  Each Windows user effectively has its own
>>> mount table -- use that fact.  Details in the User Guide/FAQ.
>> The way I understand what he wants to do, he will be running the two as
>> the same user, at the same time. User mounts won't work in that case.
> Aw, come on, you can always use "at" or "runas" to switch users... ;-)
.. unless you don't have the administrative rights to make the second
user, but you're right - I should have thought of that possibility. I am
by no means a Windows guru, though - especially on the user-side..

Anyways, the way I see what he wants to do, he really does want to fork
off a Cygwin (make it a minimalist Cygwin of some sort), so the way my
mind is working at the moment is not how to prevent him from doing it by
offering other solutions, but how to get it done. (I honestly think the
decision has already been made in his mind, so the decision-making process
is done). That doesn't mean the runas option is any less interesting
(might be worth experimenting with) though..

rlc