This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Q: how to access USB device- Handspring Visor cradle
- From: Ton van Overbeek <v-overbeek at cistron dot nl>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <rknowles at attbi dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:23:39 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Q: how to access USB device- Handspring Visor cradle
Short answer: currently it is impossible to use USB devices on the cygwin
version of pilot-link.
On linux the kernel has support to treat the USB connection to a
Palm/Handspring as a serial link (/dev/ttyUSB). pilot-link uses this
If you want to do the same on cygwin you will have to add the equivalent of
the linux usbserial and visor modules to cygwin1.dll. Not a simple task ...
Ton van Overbeek
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html