This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newbie problems
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: Daniel Elenius <danel698 at student dot liu dot se>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:38:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Newbie problems
- References: <3E528782.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: lhall at rfk dot com
Daniel Elenius wrote:
I just installed cygwin, and everything seemed to work fine during
installation. I installed quite a lot of packages, including binutils
(and almost all other devel packages) and all the base packages. I seem
to missing some important stuff though. For example, I don't have 'less'
or 'ldd'. What can I have done wrong?
You didn't use the available resources to answer your questions.
cygwin.com has lots of documentation (FAQ, User's Guide, email
archives) and lots of useful pages (like <cygwin.com/packages>,
which will answer your questions here). Also don't forget to
consult documentation under /usr/doc and /usr/doc/Cygwin locally.
I think you'll find these resources answer allot of your "newbie"
Larry Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html