This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problems with update old instllation from local directory: `setup.exe' doesn't show new packages
- From: Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov dot spb dot ru>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:01:35 +0300
- Subject: Problems with update old instllation from local directory: `setup.exe' doesn't show new packages
- Organization: Home
- Reply-to: Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov dot spb dot ru>
Hello, cygwin! How are you?
I have old (about 3-4 months old) installation of some cygwin
packages (gcc, XFree86, some other).
I've downloaded last cygwin (full tree: about 1Gb) on my work
computer and bring it at computer with old cygwin. I run
`setup.exe' (18.104.22.168, 171008 bytes) and select `Install from
local directory', and point to old target directory (with previous
installation). After that setup.exe shows only old (installed)
packages in `misc' category and doesn't shows other packages or new
If I point to new target directory setup.exe shows full list of
packages from `setup.ini'.
But I want to upgrade old install! Is it possible?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html