This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE:size limit for static arrays in cygwin/gcc
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: worwor at bellsouth dot net
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:56:10 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: RE:size limit for static arrays in cygwin/gcc
"Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net> wrote:
> Meanwhile, I am trying to find an equivalent problem in C so that it will
> get more attention. Unfortunately, I don't know much C. The subsequent
> program fails with a segmentation violation if one tries to allocate more
> than a few Mb of memory on either my old or my new system. Why? What limit
> am I bumping into?
By default stack reserve is set to 2MB by ld.exe. Try setting stack reserve
will get you 32MB stack reserve
http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Mobile
- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html