This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Changing symlinks from "magic" format to windows shortcuts.
- From: Christopher January <chris at atomice dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 11 Feb 2003 13:05:06 -0000
- Subject: Changing symlinks from "magic" format to windows shortcuts.
- Reply-to: Christopher January <chris at atomice dot net>
How can I automatically convert all symlinks on my Cygwin filesystem from
the "!<symlink>" format to windows shortcuts? Samba doesn't seem to
maintain the correct permissions for the Cygwin DLL to detect the
"!<symlink>" files as symlinks, so they are treated as regular files
(hence the errors with gcc, etc. I was seeing). Thanks Chris and others
for pointing me in the right direction to diagnose this. I now need a way
of converting all those symlink files to windows shortcuts so I can use
Cygwin at college.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html