This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygpath bug in version 1.25
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:03:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygpath bug in version 1.25
- References: <B46DE74CC66AD61191CD000475996916E8EE3C@mail.twacs.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:29:32PM -0600, Newton, Doug wrote:
>I believe I have found a bug in cygpath.exe version 1.25 (Which has been the
>version included since at least cygwin version 1.3.17-1 and through cygwin
>Using installations from any release since 1.3.17-1 (the earliest full
>installation that I had available), cygpath does work fine if converting a
>dos classpath to a unix classpath, and converting a unix classpath to a dos
>classpath. BUT, if you try to convert a long unix classpath to a unix
>classpath, I have had truncation occur.
Correct. You're passing a "windows path" to cygpath which consists of a
bunch of characters separated by colons. cygpath is treating the input
as one filename so the path will be truncated to the maximum of 260
characters by cygpath. That is by design. Sorry.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html