This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] tcsh-6.12.00-2 and file-3.39-1 announcements
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:49:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] tcsh-6.12.00-2 and file-3.39-1 announcements
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:43:44PM -0800, Wilson Hsieh wrote:
> I'm having problems with this version of tcsh: it
> is doing some weird things with newlines.
> Here is a transcript of exactly what happens,
> with comments:
> wilson@XP ~ # first prompt on startup
> $ cat > .tcshrc # dump into .tcshrc
> set prompt = FOO
> # ctrl-D
> wilson@XP ~ # next prompt
> $ exec tcsh # let's give it a try
> FOO^M # where did the ^M come from?
> This problem did not exist in the previous version.
> My .bashrc and .bash_profile are empty, so I have
> no clue what's going on. Thanks,
Thanks for the report. There were actually quite a few changes from
the Cygwin 6.11.00 version missing. I've just uploaded a new version.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html