This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: group names in /etc/passwd, ssh root login & more
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Uwe Mayer" <merkosh at planet-interkom dot de>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:59:41 -0000
- Subject: Re: group names in /etc/passwd, ssh root login & more
- References: <email@example.com>
Uwe Mayer wrote:
> the cygwin user guide says its a feature that groups can be the owner
> of files. can somebody tell me why this is so when you can set the
> group attributes accordingly?
Because that's how Windows works.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html