This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'hostname' now returns lower case
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:24:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: 'hostname' now returns lower case
- References: <3E448D67.email@example.com>
* Lynn Wilson (03-02-08 05:53 +0100)
> I'm now running cygwin 1.3.19-1. I've recently noticed that a bash script that
> previously worked is failing. The problem is that the 'hostname' command used
> to return an upper case machine name. It now returns a lower case name.
> Which is correct?
Read the thread "why is hostname(1) output in UPPERCASE?" from last
Content-Type: text/explicit; charset=ISO-8859-666 (Parental Advisory)
Content-Transfer-Warning: message contains innuendos not suited for
children under the age of 18
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html