This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv documentation
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Val Schmidt" <vschmidt at ldeo dot columbia dot edu>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:55:16 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv documentation
- References: <003501c2cd46$67ac8700$0500fea9@valldeo>
Val Schmidt wrote:
> I have searched and have been unable to find any documentation what
> so ever regarding cygrunsrv.
> I don't want to barrage the list with questions without doing my
> homework first, so if there are man pages, HOWTOS, or any other
> documentation regarding how to manage processes/services/daemons with
> cygrunsrv I'd be very grateful if someone might point them out.
A useful trick when looking for documentation is:
$ zless /etc/setup/cygrunsrv.lst.gz
In this case, it shows only the exe itself, and one other file:
$ less /usr/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README
should get you started with cygrunsrv.
$ cygrunsrv --help
is also helpful.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html