This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: buffer anomolies - emacs X11-21.12 vs. cvs
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:23:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: buffer anomolies - emacs X11-21.12 vs. cvs
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <3E3C801C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Doug Maxey wrote:
Somewhere between 21.x, where x was the version available around
November 2002, and the latest emacs, including 21.9 and 21.12, files
that were updated or committed suddenly started getting extraneous data
inserted in the buffer when the commit was done. Here is tiny ascii
A couple possibilities:
- Some patches have been made to some .el files for the Cygwin port.
- All the .el files have been recompiled because of the patches
You can try installing the emacs lisp source package, and removing
the .elc (compiled lisp) files and see what happens. It is going
to slow things down, though.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html