This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ -d ' ' ] && echo yes
- From: Norton Allen <allen at huarp dot harvard dot edu>
- To: elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk (Elfyn McBratney)
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, allen at huarp dot harvard dot edu
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:41:42 -0500 (est)
- Subject: Re: [ -d ' ' ] && echo yes
Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > Are you saying it's a feature? If so, a feature of cygwin or
> > of Windows? Under the Windows Command Prompt, cd " " does not
> > complain, and leaves you in the current directory as you
> > describe, but dir " " gives an error. This is certainly
> > not how it works under other OSes.
> I'm pretty sure it's a feature of SUSv3... Or one of the other POSIXy
> However I've been working for hours so my brain is fried and may be spewing
> out random recollections '-)
FWIW, I've just tested on Linux (of some flavor) and OpenBSD,
and neither thinks ' ' is a directory.
In any event, I'd like to figure out whether it's a bug or
a feature under Cygwin so I can move forward.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html