This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: password file format
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Henning, Brian" <brian dot henning at navitaire dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:42:36 -0000
- Subject: Re: password file format
- References: <CF3FFDBD63378447A8543AC3E3BD661AB7938D@exchange.navitaire.com>
> i could not figure out what i should put for the GECOS entry.
> i tried looking in the docs and on google some more..
> any suggestions?
The pw_gecos field (On NT/2K/XP) contains the name of the domain/local
computer, the Win32 username and the sid for the account. Can't seem to get
cygwin.com up, Damn IE, but if you read through the User's Guide (link on
<http://cygwin.com>) you'll soon get an understanding for it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html