This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Andrew Chang" <awc at bitmover dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:10:53 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- References: <200302031914.h13JE6g22439@work.bitmover.com>
> Did the permission code changed somewhere between cygwin 1.3.12 and
> It there something I can do to make them sync up again ?
> (Note: I also tried "CYGWIN=ntsec", it does not help).
Did your old install use ntsec (ntsec in the CYGWIN environment variable)?
If not that may be why. ntsec is now on by default so you can either
continue to use it or, you may need to reset your permissions to suite your
needs, or you can turn it off (by adding nontsec in the CYGWIN environment
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html