This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: installing pinfo
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Robert Mark Bram <relaxedrob at optushome dot com dot au>
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:20:47 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: installing pinfo
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > $ cygcheck -c pinfo
> > Cygwin Package Information
> > Package Version
> > pinfo 0.6.6p1-1
> As far as setup (cygcheck) is concerned you have pinfo installed but it's
> not working (corrupt, unknown?).Double check your path (PATH env. variable)
> is set-up correctly, just a thought before you re-install. If cygwin (your
> PATH env. variable) is set-up correctly return to setup and re-install
> Elfyn McBratney
I think you meant the mount table, not the PATH variable, since specifying
an explicit path to /bin/pinfo didn't work.
To the OP: one more guess, though: try posting the result of "ls -l
/bin/pinfo.exe" (notice the extension). If that file exists, but is not
executable, there's something wrong with either your CYGWIN variable or
your mount table (or your umask, but I doubt that).
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html