This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 220.127.116.11, Package 'grep' 2.5-1, missing 'egrep.exe' and 'fgrep.exe'
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman at CraneSoftwrights dot com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:59:02 -0000
- Subject: Re: Setup 18.104.22.168, Package 'grep' 2.5-1, missing 'egrep.exe' and 'fgrep.exe'
- References: <22.214.171.124.0.20030202154555.02e2eed8@junk>
> Perhaps ... but I'm not running under bash and never have. Did I miss a
> documented restriction that the programs *only* run under bash?
It depends on the package. With something like grep you cannot (?) call a
egrep from cmd.exe/command.com per se as it is a symbolic link to grep.exe
(a windows shortcut) but you could call it from bash
> bash -c /bin/egrep
within your batch scripts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html