Re: Setup hangs repetedly

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Martin Magnusson wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

Please describe exactly where setup hangs.
It happens after download, during install. But it hangs at different files each time. Somtimes it hangs at 4%, sometimes at 29% etc.

Does it hang if you download only first, and then re-run setup, choosing
"install from local directory"?
Yes, same problem when I do it that way.

Now this is a hell of a bugreport... Would you care to be more specific ? What choices do you make on the various pages of the setup wizard. What does it mean "hang" for you ? Is it that the setup application just sits and waits for a very long time without progressing at all or maybe it just crashes ?

In the past, when I've had inconsistent problems with setup n' such, they seem to go away when I discover and get rid of lost and cross linked clusters. I have had virtually no problem with setup since I started scanning my hard drives more frequently and eliminating said clusters. Just an idea to look at.

Regards,

L Anderson