This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup hangs repetedly
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Martin Magnusson" <mama7121 at student dot uu dot se>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:28:33 -0000
- Subject: Re: Setup hangs repetedly
- References: <3E3BCB7E.email@example.com>
Martin Magnusson wrote:
> I have used Cygwin for a few months now. I'm trying to reinstall it
> with a couple of extra packages, but I've run into serious trouble.
> Downloading seems to work fine, but while installing setup just hangs,
> randomly (with no error message). When looking at setup.log I see a
> lot of calls to compress_bz::error. Is that normal?
Yes. The compress_bz class lacks any error handling. That log message is
basically a loud fixme.
Please describe exactly where setup hangs.
Does it hang if you download only first, and then re-run setup, choosing
"install from local directory"?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html