Re: [Mingw-users] Re: [sourcenav-user] Snapshot: Redhat's SourceNavigator version 5.2.0 native Win32 build

Mo DeJong wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:17:12 -0500
Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

I've just uploaded a release of Redhat's Source Navigator now maintained at http://sourcenav.sf.net to the MinGW project.

I have to admit that I am a bit conflicted about this action Earnie.
While I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm for Source-Navigator,
I don't think it is right for you to call this release "5.2.0". There is
no "official" 5.2.0 release yet. This mingw port has not had much
testing, so even calling it 5.2 alpha 1 is premature. Could you please
change the name of the download to something that made it clear
that this is not an official 5.2 release. How about something like:

The splash screen says 5.2.0 so ... As for testing providing snapshots is a method to provide that.

snavigator-snapshot-2003.01.27-1.exe

That doesn't fit the MinGW naming convention of package-version-date-subversion for a snapshot release. I'll give it more thought; but the change of the filename won't happen before Thursday.

Earnie.