Re: editing automount points via registry question

- wrote:
> i think there was an error when i saw key /usr/bin
> with the registry value of <mycygwin>/bin

No error. This is intentional.

>  i guess i
> decided to post this here to mention about the
> automounting feature i don't see quite oftenly talked
> about...

What automounting feature?

> editing the registry is repelling since you'll
> have to search for two spots for cygwin-> (find
> 'cygwin' using this text string works good...)

DON'T EDIT THE REGISTRY. The mount/umount commands are there for a reason!

> - one for root section, the other for X11 font paths,
> - I'm not sure if there's another way to tell cygwin
> where the root path is, anyone? (CYGWIN_ROOT ?)

???? Do you mean the root mount? i.e. "/" ? As in this line of mount output:
M:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)

> - Does cygwin always need at least these two points in
> the registry?

Which 2 points? It's not clear what you are asking.

> - Also i noticed that issuing 'mount' after using my
> custom registry values for cygwin paths, tells me that
> any relative symbolinks or relative paths of the same
> pathnames that are on fat or ntfs records are
> irrelevant, the registry settings would override them,
> more appropriate 'mount' typed in cygwin after the
> registry settings would show that they're mounted
> automatically and I assume that the 'mount' features
> of cygwin ovverides them. a silly question, but is
> this safe, or should i resort more closely with cygwin
> scripts using mount..?

Parse error !
If you want your questions to be answered, I suggest you make them
understandable!

Max.