Re: xinted rsync bluescreen

Yes!!!!! Finally someone found the problem with writing in /etc and BSOD!!!!
Thank you very much!

Dan Holmsand wrote:
Update:

I have now tested my hacked cygwin1.dll (without the FindFirstChangeNotification of "/etc" stuff) quite extensively, on three different machines that previously experienced quite frequent BSODs when init was running.

No BSODs so far!

Thus, it seems quite obvious to me that the code in init_cygheap::etc_changed is to "blame"; it must trigger some obscure windows bug that sometimes causes a bsod when files under /etc are accessed.

/dan

Dan Holmsand wrote:

That seems to be it! [touching wood]

I added a "return 0" at the top of init_cygheap::etc_changed() (so that the whole FindFirstChangeNotification/DuplicateHandle business never happens). So far, no crashes - despite my best efforts running chkconfig rsync on/off, /sbin/telinit 3/1.

Thanks for the hint!

/dan