GCC bug with strftime

Hi All,

It's been about eight months since I last posted to this list - hope
everyone is doing well...

I recently discovered a bug in strftime(). I downloaded a very recent copy
of cygwin and tried again, but it's still there. So, I'd like to report
it. I sent mail to the gcc-bugs list but nobody there seems to care, so I
thought I'd mention it here.

The problem is that this call fails to return an hour:

	strftime(IT,key,"%m/%d/%y %l:%M %p", brokentime);

The l% is supposed to represent a _space_ padded hour, as documented here:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/glibc-2.0.6/html_chapter/libc_17.html#SEC302

I wrote a test program to illustrate the problem - call it a "bug script:"

$ ./strftime

This program illustrates a bug with strftime as it fails to return the hour.
We are trying to use these flags: '%m/%d/%y %l:%M %p'
strftime returned: 01/09/03 :26 PM
The proper result: 01/09/03 3:26 PM
$

My workaround (in the bug script) gets the hour as two digits and then
tosses a leading zero... What a pain. -shrug-

I don't know how to check what version of the library I have, but I have
the following gcc compilers installed (as reported by cygcheck -s):

gcc                 3.2-3
gcc-mingw           20020817-4
gcc2                2.95.3-10

Please direct me on how I can get this information to someone who knows
what to do with it!

Thanks much,
Richard

--