Re: Setting up cvs on Windows 2000

Elfyn,

I neglected to mention that it has also been reported that some, through heroic effort, have managed to get pserver working. Details of their arduousness were not reported, however.

Searching for "CVS," "pserver," "external" and / or "SSH" will help you zero in on the pertinent messages to the Cygwin mailing list.

It's possible that ongoing improvements in Cygwin have made pserver work (with less effort). Since I know nothing of the problems that impaired pserver function, I can only offer this as a guess.

Randall Schulz

At 15:53 2003-01-12, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> Unless something has changed that escaped my attention, what
> has repeatedly been stated here (though no time very recently)
> is that Cygwin CVS does not support the "pserver" access
> mode. The recommendation has been to use the "external"
> access mode via SSH.

Aaaah I didn't know that :( The reason I offered help is because I have had
a pserver working on my local machine for about a week now. And although I
haven't had the time to test it extensively cvs login,checkout,commit etc.
seems to be working reasonably well. I don't think I'm doing anything out of
the ordinary so i wonder why it's working for me ;-)

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk