This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: exim-4.12-1
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:36:54 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: exim-4.12-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've updated the version of exim to 4.12
(exim is a Mail Transfer Agent, like sendmail).
4.12 is the first stable release since the current 4.10.
It contains 54 backward compatible changes to exim proper, see
There are also five Cygwin specific changes
1) Use setgroups (requires Cygwin 1.3.13 or more recent).
2) Use ioctl to find the network interfaces.
3) On Win95/98/ME, remove the workaround against a Cygwin 1.3.12 bug and
modify the workaround against some Microsoft networking bugs to
avoid getting stuck by defunct processes.
4) Include the exim icon and version resources in the executable.
5) exim-config now checks for spaces in usernames and its informational
output is improved.
As a side effect of 1), delivery processes run without supplementary
groups. In the unlikely cases where they are needed, set the variable
"initgroups" where appropriate in /etc/exim.conf
If you have not used exim before, configure it with exim-config after
downloading it with setup as explained below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. You'll need
to click on "Mail" and select "exim" if this is your first time
installing, otherwise your installation should be refreshed
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html