This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setitimer failure
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: gbourgeois at yaccom dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:50:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: setitimer failure
- References: <GHEDJDAGJGMFPNAOIIBHEECJCAAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:11:50AM +0100, gilles BOURGEOIS wrote:
>I really have to know if the setitimer() primitive works well using cywgin
>I am currently using NT5.0 (2000)
>I call setitimer(ITIMER_VIRTUAL, &interval, NULL) and it returns -1 with bad
>argument as errno .
>I do not understand why, because my arguments seemes to be ok to me !
>Any help very appreciated.
ITIMER_VIRTUAL is not implemented.
Sergey Okhapkin suggested changing the errno setting for this scenario to
ENOSYS, which I've done for the next release.
Btw, I've removed cygwin-apps from this discussion since this has nothing
whatsoever to do with cygwin-apps.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html