This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Burning cygwin distribution CDs
- From: Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at mif dot vu dot lt>
- To: Ross Smith II <ross at smithii dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:29:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Burning cygwin distribution CDs
- Organization: VU MIF
- References: <NDBBJINIMKJKPGEBBJLKCEKLFGAA.email@example.com>
Ross Smith II wrote:
Thank you, your script looks very handy in case of single CD. However
this is not exactly what I need - I have to burn all the 1GB stuff to CDs.
From: Laurynas Biveinis
I want to burn CDs with full cygwin distribution with sources and so on.
I've downloaded everything from
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat/cygwin/release, but it takes
almost 1 GB. How should I burn it into 2 CDs so that setup.exe still
works correctly? What directory layout should I use?
I fit everything I need on 1 CD, by not including the /xfree directory
(370MB), the /release/XFree86 directory (80MB), and not including the [prev]
and [test] packages listed in setup.ini:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html